If you have ever yelled, “ants in house!”, Jim’s has the local experts who can help. Our techs servicing Australia are experienced, fully trained, and insured. You can trust the Jim’s name to help you with any pest problem.
- Spread disease because they can scavenge for food in garbage areas, dog excrement and other unsanitary areas. These disease carrying organisms can then be tracked into our homes and onto our food.
- Bite and Sting: There are some species of Ants such as Fire Ants that can both bite and sting and cause much discomfort.
- Have unsightly ant trails and mounds. In some instances ants have caused cracks in paths due to their excavations.
Call now and we’ll work with you to control your Ant Problem – Guaranteed!
If you need to get in touch with us, simply call 131 546 and our friendly staff will take your details.
Ants can be one of the most annoying pests to have in your home. As they are small, they can get into just about every cupboard.
They do not typically attack humans unless you are stand on their nest. If you do get bitten by one it can be very painful, and therefore most people fear them.
Most peoples’ injuries from ants usually comes from running away from them. There are cases when clients have tripped over, severely hurting their backs, after being attacked by ants.
Ants in house – the early signs
The first ant that ventures into your home will simply be scouting the area. They will be on the hunt for a food source for the colony.
Scampering across the floor they will pick up food crumbs that are impossible for you to see. This will give them a clear indication that the motherload of all food sources is close by.
Soon, the excited ant will relay their findings to the colony. A larger scout party is then sent. Often, they will stumble across your pantry and open food packets.
Before long a whole army of ants will be in your house, hauling away the newly discovered food. It will take them a bit of time but eventually the remove it all.
This is often when clients call Jim’s Pest Control as they have discovered thousands of ants in their pantry.
Make your home or office less attractive
Ants are driven by the desire to find food and water for the colony. The easiest and most effective way to stop them is to remove their food sources.
This can be done in a variety of ways. Simply wiping the bench tops down and mopping the floors will remove the crumbs. This means there will be nothing for the first ants to discover.
Another great idea is to put all open food packets into airtight sealed containers. This will stop the ants and other pantry pests.
Pet food attracts meat ants
Pet food is a great source of protein for meat ants. These ants commonly referred to as bull ants are strictly a protein eater.
They can quickly strip a dead mouse or bird of any soft tissues. In the old days they were used to clean bones or trophy fish heads.
Typically, their nest will be visible as it will be void of any plant matter. Any animal or human that ventures onto this ground will be attacked quickly.
Many children think that it is a rite of passage to be able to run through their nests. The more you stir them up the braver you are.
They can be very difficult to deal with by yourself as any attack will result in them swarming.
Professional help is sometimes the safest bet
In situations of bull ants, sometimes it is just safer to call in a professional like Jim’s. We are used to their behaviour and know how to get them under control.
Even with all our knowledge and experience we will still sometimes get bitten.
Treatments will often get control of the nests within a few hours. Re occurrence of them is rare and only occurs when a satellite nest has been missed.
If you want a local pest control expert to help you with your ant, termite or pest control requirements, please call Jim’s on 131 546, or use the contact form here to get in touch
Set up a guaranteed program to control ants in a building and it’s surrounding environment and advise how you can help reduce future problems.
- Inspect: We will carry out a survey and report our findings.
- Bait: We will apply special bait which is licensed and formulated for Ant control. This is very safe for you and your children and pets. The bait is applied to out of reach places for your added peace of mind.
- Dust: We may apply dust to your roof void, subfloor and in your wall cavities.
- Surface Spray: We may apply a special surface spray which is licensed and formulated for Ant control. This is applied to the perimeter of your home or building.
- Stock: Ensure regular stock rotation and also inspect incoming food stock.
- Storage: Ensure food is stored above the ground and clear of walls.
- Garbage: Ensure your garbage is kept secure and locked.