When it comes to black ants, Jim’s pest control technicians are your local specialists. Our techs servicing Australia are experienced, fully trained, and insured. You can trust the Jim’s name to help you with any pest problem.
- Spread disease because they can scavenge for food in garbage areas, dog excrement and other unsanitary areas. These disease carrying organisms can then be tracked into our homes and onto our food.
- Bite and Sting: There are some species of Ants such as Fire Ants that can both bite and sting and cause much discomfort.
- Have unsightly ant trails and mounds. In some instances ants have caused cracks in paths due to their excavations.
Call now and we’ll work with you to control your Ant Problem – Guaranteed!
If you need to get in touch with us, simply call 131 546 and our friendly staff will take your details.
Black ants are in every state and territory in Australia. They are the most common pest you will come across in your home.
Why they do not cause any significant damages to buildings, they will however spoil foods. Often you will find them feasting on sugary foods like honey.
Their most common food source in the outside environment is insects. They are very good at collection dead or injured insects.
If they come across a live insect, they will often bite the insect delivering some venom. This will in turn paralyse the it, making it easier to capture.
So, in the outside environment they are regarded as natures little undertakers.
Black ants can kill bees
Something that only a beekeeper will know, is that black ants like to attack beehives.
The lure of the gooey honey is just too much for them to resist. Bees stingers are useless against these little invaders.
Trying to defend the colony is hopeless, as the ant’s toxins, from their bites will render them defenceless. This poses a great problem to beekeepers.
Products that are available on the market can harm bees, when sprayed around hives. Many a beekeeper revert to using cups full of sump oil to prevent black ants from invading.
What is not well known, is that some beekeepers will call Jim’s Pest Control to protect their hives.
Our technicians understand how black ants behave and have a wide range of products that will get the job done. These products have delivered outstanding results to residential and commercial clients, which is why beekeepers call us.
We are the go-to experts, that locals trust to eliminate black ants, without harming bees.
Ants predict rain
Did you know that black ants will often predict oncoming rains?
If you watch an ant nest closely you will see changes in behaviour that indicate that rain is on its way. Often black ants will build mounds around the nest entrances. They will look like mini volcanoes.
They do this to stop the water, from rains flowing into and flooding the nest.
When floods come, they move to higher ground
When big storms are on the horizon you will often see black ants moving the whole nest to higher ground. They do this as they know that in pending floods will wipe out the nest.
This feverish activity tends to freak people out. Suddenly, the is a massive line of ants, carrying things into walls and roofs.
At this stage they can be particularly hard to treat, as their priorities have changed. No longer will they be searching for food, rather shelter from the incoming storms.
Our technicians fully understand this behaviour. They will be able to put in place an effective solution to your black ant problem.
If you want a local pest control expert to help you with your black ants, termite or pest control requirements, please call Jim’s on 131 546, or use the contact form here to get in touch
Set up a guaranteed program to control ants in a building and it’s surrounding environment and advise how you can help reduce future problems.
- Inspect: We will carry out a survey and report our findings.
- Bait: We will apply special bait which is licensed and formulated for Ant control. This is very safe for you and your children and pets. The bait is applied to out of reach places for your added peace of mind.
- Dust: We may apply dust to your roof void, subfloor and in your wall cavities.
- Surface Spray: We may apply a special surface spray which is licensed and formulated for Ant control. This is applied to the perimeter of your home or building.
- Stock: Ensure regular stock rotation and also inspect incoming food stock.
- Storage: Ensure food is stored above the ground and clear of walls.
- Garbage: Ensure your garbage is kept secure and locked.