If you ever wanted to know how to kill ants, Jim’s pest control experts are your local ant killing assassins. Our techs servicing Australia are experienced, fully trained, and insured. You can trust the Jim’s name to help you with any pest problem.
- Spread disease because they can scavenge for food in garbage areas, dog excrement and other unsanitary areas. These disease carrying organisms can then be tracked into our homes and onto our food.
- Bite and Sting: There are some species of Ants such as Fire Ants that can both bite and sting and cause much discomfort.
- Have unsightly ant trails and mounds. In some instances ants have caused cracks in paths due to their excavations.
Call now and we’ll work with you to control your Ant Problem – Guaranteed!
If you need to get in touch with us, simply call 131 546 and our friendly staff will take your details.
There are many ways to kill ants in Australia, everyone seems to have their own remedies. The typical way most people deal with them is with a hard object like a shoe.
However, just like magic as soon as you kill one, two more will appear. The more you kill the more they multiply. This process is what can be very frustrating to most homeowners.
Once they have driven you to the point of insanity, a pest controller like Jim’s is called.
How to kill ants; DYI methods
Some of the more interesting “do it yourself” treatments that your local technician have seen are the following.
One client in Adelaide coated their whole front yard and back yard in baby powder. They had heard that ants don’t like it and will simply leave the area. The front yard looked like it had snowed.
Another client had decided to pour petrol down a bull ant’s nests. This was extremely dangerous and could have resulted in serious injury.
Other home treatments include tipping boiling water down ant holes. Unfortunately, as the water hits the soil it cools quickly, having little effect.
In all these DYI approaches they have little effect on ants. A local Jim’s Pest Control technician was called in to exterminate the persistent pests.
Our clients were shocked to find that our technicians were able to get them under control within 24 hours. In some cases, it was even quicker.
Many clients remarked that they should have called us sooner.
Why do ants invade
The secret to any successful ant treatment is to work out why the ants are there in the first place. More than likely they will be coming in for a viable food source. On the odd occasion, during hot dry weather they may be coming for water.
A good pest control technician will look for this reason first.
Why is it important to understand why they are there?
It is important to understand why they are there as often by removing the reason you will effectively eliminate the ants.
For example, removing food sources like dog food, or opened containers in pantries will cut of their food supply.
There are however likely to move onto another unprotected source.
Ants split into two categories
How to kill ants is very simple once you understand the two categories of ants. Ants can be divided into protein and sugar eaters.
A protein ant like coastal browns, will feed almost exclusively on proteins. Whereas a sugar ant will prefer to eat sugars.
It is important to understand this because if you provide the wrong ant bait, they will simply ignore it. Often clients report that ants simply walk over or around products brought from supermarkets.
Your local Jim’s Pest Control technician is very skilled at working out what bait will deliver the best result. Many Australians now call Jim’s as they know we often deliver outstanding results withing 24 hours.
If you want a local pest control expert to help you with your ant, termite or pest control requirements, please call Jim’s on 131 546, or use the contact form here to get in touch
Set up a guaranteed program to control ants in a building and it’s surrounding environment and advise how you can help reduce future problems.
- Inspect: We will carry out a survey and report our findings.
- Bait: We will apply special bait which is licensed and formulated for Ant control. This is very safe for you and your children and pets. The bait is applied to out of reach places for your added peace of mind.
- Dust: We may apply dust to your roof void, subfloor and in your wall cavities.
- Surface Spray: We may apply a special surface spray which is licensed and formulated for Ant control. This is applied to the perimeter of your home or building.
- Stock: Ensure regular stock rotation and also inspect incoming food stock.
- Storage: Ensure food is stored above the ground and clear of walls.
- Garbage: Ensure your garbage is kept secure and locked.